Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
really simple, tasty & perfect with strawberry compote!! :D i came about this recipe while doing an assignment for school
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 slices stale bread
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Cut the bread into two triangles.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan.
- Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture, first on one side, then the other and place in the hot pan.
- Cook both sides until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve on a warmed plate and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.