Recipe by Frank Beylaard
It was posted in the Brisbane Sunday Mail on May 5, 2002 by Donna Hay. It tastes great & is quick & easy to make.
Top Review by FBP78
This was delicious. I left out the sugar because I felt that it wasn't needed since we were drizzling it with maple syrup. Also sprinkled some cinnamon on top after it was done and served with bananas and blueberries. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices fruit bread or 8 slices raisin bread
- 2 bananas, sliced,to serve
- maple syrup, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs,milk,sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp of butter.
- Quickly dip a slice of bread into egg mixture and place into the frying pan.
- Cook for 1 minute each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat with remaining butter and bread.
- To serve, top toast with sliced bananas and drizzle over maple syrup.