Recipe by Cristina Barry
Awesome french toast with an orange flavor. Unfortunately, I cannot take the credit. I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com.
- 8 slices thick white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, whipping cream, honey, salt, cinnamon, orange zest and vanilla extract.
- In a griddle or frying pan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Dip both sides of the bread slice in the egg mixture and carefully transfer to the hot griddle.
- Brown on both sides and transfer to a warm plate while remaining stars cook.
- Serve hot.