Recipe by lilbitgabby
French toast with a little twist. I was out of milk but I had liquid creamer in the fridge. The family was pleasantly surprised.
- 8 slices thick bread like Texas toast thick bread, no crusty ends
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup french french vanilla liquid coffee creamer
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs until they are well blended. Beat in the creamer. This is when you would add the cinnamon if you like it.
- Dip bread into egg mixture. Coat both sides. Don't let it sit in the egg mixture -- you don't want the bread to be soggy.
- Cook over medium heat in a skillet with a light spray of Pam OR with a little oil. Heat for about 5 minutes and flip it over to cook another few minutes. Don't let it burn but you want it to be a nice toasty color.
- Serve with butter and a light sprinkling of powdered sugar or with maple syrup.