1/1 Photo of French Tarragon Roast Chicken
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Brian Holley's Note:
Easy way to roast a chicken, great taste, with a different style sauce. Cook on a rack over roasting dish and cover with greaseproof paper. Makes a good weekday meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 180c.
- 2Season the body cavity with the salt and pepper, add 1.5 oz butter, and 1 tsp of the tarragon. Close the cavity with a skewer or toothpick.
- 3Use the remaining butter to spread over the breast of the bird. Cover with large piece greaseproof paper.
- 4Place the bird on a rack over the roasting dish and add 2 cups of water. Cook for 1.5 hours or till juices run clear.
- 5In the meantime, mix the remaining tarragon in a saucepan with the 2 remaining cups of water, bring to a boil and simmer till the liquid has reduced by half.
- 6With a little water mix the cornstarch to a thin paste and whisk into the tarragon water to thicken it to make a sauce.
- 7Remove the bird from the pan and set aside.
- 8Whisk the liquid from the roasting pan into the sauce and add the cream.
- 9Pour some of the sauce over the bird.
- 10Serve the remaining sauce separately.
- 11Serve with boiled potatoes, glazed carrots and runner beans.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Tarragon Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.6
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 205.0 mg
- Sodium 245.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 38.6 g