This salad is a twist on the classic salade nicoise with tuna. This can be individual servings or arranged on a platter and served family style. Nicoise olives are a small purplish-black variety or kalamata olives can be substituted. Add crusty french bread for a lovely meal. This recipe was adapted from a popular cooking magazine and posted for the 2006 Zaar World Tour - FRANCE.
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 158.51 ml reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 29.58 ml tarragon vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 907.18 g large shrimp, peeled, and deveined
- 12 red potatoes, small about 3/4 pounds
- 226.79 g French haricots vert
- cooking spray
- 1182.95 ml salad greens, gourmet
- 946.36 ml romaine lettuce, torn
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, about 1 medium sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 medium tomatoes, medium, each cut into 6 wedges
- 396.89 g artichoke hearts, canned, drained and chopped
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, each sliced into quarters
- 118.29 ml nicoise olives or 118.29 ml kalamata olive
- 29.58 ml capers
- To prepare vinaigrette, turn on food processor and drop garlic thru chute. Process until minced and add broth along with next 7 ingredients. Process until well blended.
- For salad, combine 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and shrimp into a large ziploc bag. Seal refrigerate for 20 minutes, turning bag occasionally to coat shrimp.
- In a large saucepan add potatoes and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and cook 8 minutes. Add haricots verts to pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes longer or until haricots verts are tender crisp and potatoes are tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Remove shrimp from bag and discard marinade. Cook shrimp for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, haricots verts, greens, lettuce, bell pepper, tomatoes, and artichokes. Add remaining vinaigrette and toss gently. Place salad on serving platter, arrange shrimp and eggs over lettuce, sprinkle with olives and capers, serve immediately.