1/9 Photos of French Style Roasted Perch With Fennel, Tomatoes and Wine
1 hr 15 mins
French Tart's Note:
A delectable roasted fish and vegetable dish that is very popular in the South of France, especially Provence. I have listed Perch as the fish to use in this recipe, but Bream, John Dory, Halibut or Tilapia would also work very well. An elegant dinner dish, which needs very little attention, making it the perfect recipe for when you have company! Serve alongside poached or steamed seasonal vegetables, with wild rice or a simple salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 perch fillets
- 3 fennel bulbs, cut into quarters, reserving the fennel fronds for a garnish
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as colombard
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 cut into wedges
- 1Pre-heat oven to 250C/495F/Gas 9.
- 2Grease an attractive oven to table roasting dish or tray with a little of the olive oil. About 12" x 9" in size.
- 3Wash and pat the fillets of perch dry - set to one side.
- 4Place all the prepared vegetables, dill & coriander seeds into the tray/dish and pour on the remaining olive oil; mix well and season with salt & pepper.
- 5Roast for 30 - 45 minutes on the top shelf, until the vegetables are charred and nearly soft.
- 6Remove the vegetables carefully from the oven and turn the temperature down to 180C/375F/Gas 5.
- 7Place the fillets of perch on top of the vegetables.
- 8Pour the glass or cup of wine over the top of the fish & gently cover the fish fillets with some of the vegetables, so they do not dry out during cooking.
- 9Sprinkle the fennel seeds over the top and place 6 slices of lemon on top - to be cooked with the fish and vegetables.
- 10Return the fish and vegetable dish to the oven and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked and opaque white in colour.
- 11Sprinkle some chopped fennel fronds on top and serve with a wedge of lemon, seasonal vegetables and wild rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Style Roasted Perch With Fennel, Tomatoes and Wine
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 106.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 14.6 g