Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for a side to week night dinner
Make and share this French Style Peas & Mint recipe from Food.com.
- 1 baby cos lettuce, shredded
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- Melt butter in pot over medium heat.
- Stir in flour till smooth and cook 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock.
- Stir till thick.
- Stir in peas and shredded lettuce.
- Cook 3 minutes till lettuce wilts.
- Add mint and serve.
This was a delicious way to fix frozen peas! I used some leaf lettuce and mint from my garden. I loved how the mint made the peas taste fresh and light and it really complimented the quiche I served it with.
Yet another yummy, simple recipe Kate! We had this as a side to our roast chicken and it was great. I was able to use our own home grown lettuce and mint, so it was extra good!