Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really easy fresh side dish.
- 3 -4 large outer lettuce leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Line bottom and sides of pan with lettuce, leaving one leaf for top.
- Place remaining ingrediants in pan and cover with remaining leaf.
- Cover pan and simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes.
- Discard lettuce before serving.
This was okay. It was a nice healthy recipe. But, it wasn't the best. They turned out soft enough to eat though and I wasn't expecting that. It needs more seasonings. It was a little bland. But, it tasted a little sweet which is good a thing with our family.
What a great new way of making peas! They were wonderful :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Unusual but very successful! Its now my new way to cook peas. Not boiling the peas, kept them so sweet and they didn't lost any taste from all the water. Thanks so much for sharing littleturtle!