- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate pieces
- 4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in 1 cup of milk, over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add remaining milk and half and half, followed by remaining ingredients, except vanilla and almond extract.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until completely heated.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extract.
- Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.