Recipe by Leslulu
I was skeptical but after one bite I was in awe. The flavors, the textures, the entire recipe is like a symphony in your mouth. (I appologize if that sounds "silly" but it's the truth). The flavors are strong enough that combining it with steak would be perfect. YUMMY!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, small, red and yellow, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 cornichons, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chervil, fresh, coarsely chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover potatoes with water in a medium saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, let cool then slice each in half.
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Brush the potatoes with 1/4 cup of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on the grill, cut-side down and grill until lightly golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn potatoes over and continue grilling until just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- While the potatoes are grilling, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and oil in a large bowl, add the red onion, cornichon, and capers and stir to combine. (I did this step before I began grilling the potatoes).
- Remove the potatoes from the grill and immediately add to the bowl with the other ingredients and gently stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped chervil (we couldn't find fresh so we used dried chervil).