Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy and filling--great for the holidays and a large crowd! Try the kicked up version listed.
Make and share this French Style Green Bean Casserole for a Large Number of Guest recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (14 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans celery soup
- 1 cup diced vidalia onion, onions saute'ed
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350é.
- Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combined soups (do not dilute), sour cream, Miracle Whip, melted butter, shredded cheeses and the spices.
- Add green beans, onions, mushrooms & water chestnuts.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish.
- Top the casserole with the bread crumbs and the Parmesean Reggiano cheese.
- Bake casserole for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly, depending on your oven.
- For a "Kick it up a Notch" version, add Emeralds Bamm Seasoning, around 1 tablespoons, or add shredded Pepper Jack cheese instead of the Swiss or Mozzarella. I even add a can of Rotel diced Tomatoes sometimes.