Donna Luckadoo's Note:
Creamy and filling--great for the holidays and a large crowd! Try the kicked up version listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (14 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans celery soup
- 1 cup diced vidalia onion, onions saute'ed
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350é.
- 2Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with a nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl combined soups (do not dilute), sour cream, Miracle Whip, melted butter, shredded cheeses and the spices.
- 4Add green beans, onions, mushrooms & water chestnuts.
- 5Mix until everything is combined.
- 6Pour mixture into the prepared dish.
- 7Top the casserole with the bread crumbs and the Parmesean Reggiano cheese.
- 8Bake casserole for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly, depending on your oven.
- 9For a "Kick it up a Notch" version, add Emeralds Bamm Seasoning, around 1 tablespoons, or add shredded Pepper Jack cheese instead of the Swiss or Mozzarella. I even add a can of Rotel diced Tomatoes sometimes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Style Green Bean Casserole for a Large Number of Guest
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.9
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 641.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper