Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
For you garlic lovers. This has a very rich garlic sauce you'll love. You could serve with rice or noodles we had hard rolls. The recipe came across the oceans in the cookbook named "Great Garlic Recipes". TY :o) FR
- 4 1⁄2 lbs chicken portions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3 large garlic heads, about 7 ounces,separated into cloves and peeled
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock (broth)
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan.
- Place chicken skin side down and fry until browned.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Drain fat from pan and add onion and garlic.
- Cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add wine, stock and bring back to a boil.
- Place mixtures into a casserole dish (with a lid) then add chicken and herbs.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Or until it is tender and juices run clear when pierced.
- Remove chicken pieces to a serving platter.
- Strain liquid and discard herbs.
- In a blender puree the solids (onion and garlic) until smooth.
- Remove any fat from the liquid.
- Combine liquid and puree again and reheat.
- Pour over chicken and serve.