Recipe by ShellyOB
I got this recipe from an old cookbook so many years ago I have forgotten which one. It is a wonderfully simple and elegant dish I have served many many times to company. Great with a rice dish and broccoli or green beans.
Top Review by L A
I served this for guests last night and everyone loved it! It was simple to prepare, but looked and tasted like a gourmet dish. A mixed green salad and baby new potatoes alongside made a very nice meal.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 -6 slices deli ham, thin
- 4 -6 slices swiss cheese, thin
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup white wine
- butter or oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken to flatten to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on each.
- Roll up as you would a jelly roll and secure with toothpicks or poultry string.
- Brown chicken on all sides in oil or butter and place in casserole dish.
- Mix white wine and mushroom soup and pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until done.