Recipe by TJW
I had this recipe at a party last night and was so stoked by it, I had to post it. Thanks to Jim for the recipe! It is a lovely chicken dish with white wine, sage, basil and onions, that give the chicken a heavenly flavor. Topped with a creamy basil sauce, it is to die for.
- 4 lbs chicken thighs
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sage leaves in a pan along with the onions, the white wine and the chicken broth.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and continue to boil until the sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Lay the pieces of chicen in a flat pan or in an airtight plastic bag and use this cooled sauce to marinate the chicken covered overnight in the fridge, or at least 6 hours.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 325°, remove chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and pat dry.
- Put chicken in oven for about 35-45 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, strain the marinade, discarding the onions, and leaves.
- Put in a suacepan and bring to a rolling boil, and boil for about 10-15 minutes, or until reduced by 1/3.
- Take half of the cream, and blend it together with the basil leaves in the blender until very smooth, and a bit pasty.
- Add this to the sauce, along with the other half of the cream, and reduce heat to low and keep warm until the chicken in done.
- Serve this sauce over the chicken, with rice.