Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Bacon and spinach add a new twist to this french-style potato salad. Using Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion makes this dish come together in under 15 minutes! This potato salad will go great with any meal and is best served warm or at room temperature.
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Cook the bacon in a large sauté pan until just crispy, remove and let drain on paper towels. Pour from the pan all but one tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- To the pan, add in the minced garlic and let cook for one minute over medium heat. Add in the fresh spinach and Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion; cook, stirring often until spinach is just wilted and potatoes are warmed, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme until it comes together as a dressing. Add in the spinach-potato mixture, fresh green onions, and crumble in the bacon. Toss gently to combine. Serve and enjoy!
This was so good. I had been looking for a unique potato salad and also something I could put together quickly. This got rave reviews from the whole family!