Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you like French cuisine then you will love this recipe. Very easy to make and always a success! Believe me this will be your favorite recipe soon.
- 1 ready-made pie crust (round, 12 inches)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄3 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 (30 ounce) can apricots in syrup (halves)
- Preheat oven to 180 C degrees.
- Lay pie crust on pie plate and punch with a fork.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and sugar. Add almonds, coconut then cream.
- Pour the just-made mix onto the pie crust.
- Add apricots (without syrup). Lay them out on bent side.
- Bake at 180 C for about 40-45 minutes.
- Options: You can easily adapt this recipe, replacing apricots by peaches and/or pears as well as mixing the different fruits. You may also replace the grounded almonds by the coconut and vice-versa.
Excellent , very rich, left out coconut.