Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cream cheese layer underneath a fresh strawberry filling. Works great with raspberries as well.
- 8 inches prepared and baked pie shells
- 1 quart strawberry, washed, drained and hulled
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Simmer 1 c berries with water for 30 minutes.
- Blend sugar, cornstarch and 6 Tbs water. Add to boiling berry mixture. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Spread cream cheese over the cooled pie crust. Fill with berries and then top with cooked berry mixture.
- Chill well and serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.