Recipe by Toni in Colorado
Another recipe for the Zzar World Tour - Floozies, in the French category. It is from the Colorado Cachet Cookbook, and I tried it the first time September 2, 1987. Preparation and cooking times are an estimate. You can simmer on the stove, bake it in a 350 degree oven or cook in a slow cooker.
Top Review by LonghornMama
This was beyond awesome! So tender and delicious. I used 2 1/2 pounds good round steak which had been slightly tenderized and increased other ingredients accordingly. Chopped the onions. There's no way this serves 8, it's just too good:) Would be fantastic with mashed potatoes, this time I served with roasted potatoes and carrots, and a wedge salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 lbs round steaks (cut into serving size pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge steak with flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Brown on both sides in the butter and oil.
- Remove steak from pan and add onions to the skillet and saute until golden.
- Stir in the garlic, wine, beef bouillon, soy sauce and pepper being careful to stir up all the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Return steak to the skillet.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat to a platter and keep warm.
- Stir the cheese into the onions and pan juices until melted.
- Then stir in the sour cream and heat but do not boil.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and serve.