- 1 bunch leek, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, chopped or 1 package frozen asparagus
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach or 1 package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raw rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 quarts water
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream or 1⁄2 pint half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash leeks well.
- Saute leeks and onions in butter until limp.
- Add 2 quarts water, carrot, potatoe, asparagas, and rice, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add spinach and cream- simmer 5 minutes more (Note- this soup is actually better if allowed to sit for a while).