Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in LHJ. This is suitable for diabetics. Four cookies equal 1 starch exchange.
Make and share this French Sponge Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 2 cookie sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat egg yolks with extracts in a mixer bowl until pale and thick.
- In a clean mixer bowl, with clean beaters, beat egg whites to soft peaks.
- Beat in sugar 1 T. at a time, until stiff and glossy.
- Gently fold egg yolks into egg whites.
- Fold in dry ingredients until just blended.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- Carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
I reviewed these earlier, they are very good,BUT, after setting for while they don't have as flavor. Next time I make them I am doubling the almond extract OR using Orange or Lemon Zest for more flavor. My DH is a diabetic so I will be making them again.