Recipe by Janeway
This soup is a hit with kids and kids at heart, is surpisingly healthy and by just manipulating the spices can be made as bland or hot as you like.
- 1 (48 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagelipton chicken noodle soup mix
- italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in large pot the tomato juice, spices to taste and the seasoning (not the noodles yet) from the soup mix.
- Add some water to thin the juice.
- Simmer for about an hour, adding water if it gets too thick.
- Cook the macaroni until slightly hard, drain and add to the soup mixture.
- Add the noodles from the soup mix.
- Simmer until the soup mix noodles are cooked, and serve.