Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use my fiber crust 1-1/2 Ingredient Fiber Crust and add 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder. I got this recipe somewhere off the net - originally titled "Baker's Square French Silk Pie"
- Prepare small box instant pudding, using buttermilk instead of milk; set aside.
- Prepare 1 envelope Knox gelatin with 1/4 cup cold water.
- Use glass measuring cup to mix gelatin.
- Set mixture in a pot or pan of hot water, while still in the cup, to help dissolve gelatin.
- Gelatin is dissolved when mixture is clear.
- Wire whisk gelatin into pudding and fold in the 8-oz cool whip.
- Pour into prepared crust; chill.
I didn't have any of the healthy ingredients, so I subbed the standard versions of things for the sugar/fat free versions, and it still came out great. I'm thinking of adding frozen cherries to the mix...
Made this for a light dessert this evening. I used a big box of SF chocolate pudding with 2 c buttermilk and 1 c 1/2% milk. I also didn't have any cool whip so when I had the mixture blended, before I added the gelatin, I put in 1 envelope of dream whip. I also added approx 2 t almond extract to this mix and served in goblets..absolutely wonderful! Thank You for sharing nomnom.
I wouldn't quite call it the same as the Baker's Square version, but it is very good. I think the BS one is a little more chocolatey, but I'm sure it's also way worse for you. This had a great texture and was good in its own right. I made mine with a graham cracker crust, the skim milk and vinegar, and canned whip cream to top it off.