Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Hands down, THE most requested item for birthdays or any other occasion in my husband's family! To die for!
- Cream the margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy with a hand-mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating 3 minutes after each.
- Melt the chocolate slowly, either on stovetop or microwave.
- Add the melted chocolate and the vanilla to the egg mixture, combining well.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with the whipped whipping cream- do not add sugar to it.
Amazing X 10. The best pie I or any of my guests have ever had. I used another recipe with 2 ounces of chocolate in it. What a bust that was. Followed it exactly except I used the Pioneer Woman's graham cracker crust with this and that made it a 10 out of 10. P.S. Pioneer Woman uses RAW EGGS for her recipe which I would never serve to children.
This one is awesome! Made it for Thanksgiving and am making it again for Christmas. I don't like my cakes and pies to be too dark so I use 1 oz. unsweetened and 1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate instead of all unsweetened. It is still very chocolatey. I don't expect this pie to last very long.
This pie was very good and very chocolatey!!! Easy to make and very Yummy