Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Sinful! Cooked time is actually the "chill" time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces nestle choco bake chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked and cooled.
- Cream sugar and butter with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in Chocolate and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time at high speed.
- Keep beating until the eggs are combined throughly with other ingredients.
- You want this to be smooth when you taste.
- This could take 4-6 minutes depending on your mixer.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Chill this preferably overnight or at least 2 1/2 hours.
- Once chilled you can garnish with sliced berries and whip cream.
This is sooooo delicious and sooooo easy. I also used baker's semi-sweet chocolate squares. I used Eggbeaters thinking it might perhaps be safer since the egg whites are pasteurized.
My aunt Delia makes this recipe and it is spectacular. We top it with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings, or crushed peppermint sticks at Christmas time.
I made this for a family gathering and it was wonderful! I used Baker's Semi-sweet chocoalte squares instead of the Nestle Chocobake and it tasted wonderful.