Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A rich and "chocolatey" French silk pie that is the best you will ever have!
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut in pieces or 3 ounces Choco-bake
- 1 cup butter, softened (margarine is not suitable)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 pie crust mix, 1 or 1 prebaked pie crust
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake pie crust 9-11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely (approximately 30 minutes).
- Melt chocolate over low heat, cool. Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat butter on medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in cooled chocolate and vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on high for 2 full minutes after each addition.
- Beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Pour mixture into cool, baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.