Recipe by mammamia #2
My family loves this pie! One never lasts for more than a day. It is great on any occasion or just because you want something cold and chocolate! My mom got this recipe from an old Betty Crocker or Pillsbury cookbook.
Top Review by Bottomless_pit
This pie is absolutely delicious! I was looking for a recipe like my mom used to make, and this one, with the peppermint, is it! I should have made 2! Oh, and if you don't have peppermint schnapps, you can blend vodka and crushed peppermint candies in a blender to get close to the same flavor.
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 2 tablespoons peppermint schnapps or 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 eggs
- Cool Whip or whipped cream
- 1 chocolate bar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the melted butter in an automatic mixer. I use a Kitchenaid.
- Add the sugar and stir on low.
- Slowly add the chocolate while mixing until it is well blended.
- Pour in your peppermint.
- Add one of the eggs, and change the mixing speed to hi. I go to the highest level on the Kitchenaid. Beat the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add the second egg. You may want to slow down the mixer to add the egg. Return to hi speed and mix for 5 minutes. Your pie should be a nice light brown color. If not, mix it longer and make sure you are on a really hi speed.
- Turn off the mixer. Pour the mix into the chocolate crust. Place a lid or plastic wrap over the pie.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours.
- Take the lid off the pie. Spread cool whip or whipped cream on the pie. Make chocolate curls with the chocolate bar and a potato peeler. Sprinkle the curls over the cream.