Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love this recipe! It's a fixture at every holiday gathering. Shaved chocolate on top is a pretty presentation. The secret is in the beating. A shortcut: You can cream the butter a little less than 10 minutes. Last time I put 2 eggs in together and beat 5 minutes and repeated the other 2.
- 1 cup stick butter (not whipped butter, not margarine, it won't set up)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 ounces melted cooled unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- baked pie shell
- whipped cream (optional)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- Cream butter. Gradually add sugar. Cream micture 10-15 minutes.
- Blend in chocolate, vanilla, and the eggs. Must add eggs one at a time, beating 5 minutes after each (or see shortcut).
- Pour into baked pie shell. Chill 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream &/or almonds. Again, the secret is in the beating - enjoy!
This is so rich and so good. The mixing is tiring, but very worth it. The results is a creamy pie with tons of chocolate flavor. One slice is more than enough. Thanks!