Recipe by BecR
Smooth and rich. Microwave recipe. Note: If you can't find super-fine sugar, process regular granulated sugar in the food processor until very fine.
- 2 cups superfine sugar (see note)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (I use an 8 oz. jar of marshmallow fluff)
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) bags milk chocolate chips (3 1/2 cups total)
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter an 8-by-11-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a 2-quart glass bowl, mix the sugar and the evaporated milk.
- Microwave on high, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave oven and stir.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes, watching closely so that the mixture doesn't boil over.
- Meanwhile, cut the butter into four pieces and set aside.
- Remove the sugar mixture from the microwave and stir in the butter and marshmallows until both are melted.
- Add the chocolate chips, vanilla and nuts, and mix well.
- Spread into the buttered pan and chill for at least an hour, or until firm.
- Cut into small (1-inch) squares and store in tins or plastic storage bags in the refrigerator for up to five days.