Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This frosting is fluffy and sweet. It is an old family favorite, requested at every birthday. Tops chocolate cake perfectly. Makes enough for one 9x13 cake, 1 layered cake, or 1 bundt cake.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled (or use the pre-melted kind)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine butter, powdered sugar, chocolate, and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer until smooth, on lowest speed.
- Gradually add enough milk to make frosting spreadable (approx. 2 T.).
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread on cake of choice.