Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A favorite from my childhood. Although it is a heart attack waiting to happen, it is SINFULLY Delicious
- 3⁄4 cup sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix Milk into Oil.
- Add Oil/Milk to flour mixture with fork.
- Press into 9 in pie tin.
- Bake at 475 deg for 7-10 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Cream butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat to fluffy.
- Add chocolate.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Beat mixture well.
- Pour into cool pie crust.
- Cool pie in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until filling is firm.
- Top pie with layer of Cool Whip.
I searched for a french silk pie recipe for my mother-in-law to make for Thanksgiving dinner. The usually recipe we used was too runny. This turned out great. It stayed solid and tasted amazing! I will definately be used again in our households.