Recipe by *Parsley*
A nice lunch over greens.
Top Review by loof
Oh Parsley! This salad was FANTASTIC!! I loved this combination of ingredients and the dressing put it over the top - loved the tarragon! I left out the onions (personal preference) but otherwise made as directed. I think this would even be great without the shrimp. Thanks so much for posting this!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and hearts coarsley chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise, can use low fat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 cup prepared French dressing, to desired moistness of salad
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced for garnish
- salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the asparagus pieces in boiling salted water just until fork- tender, but still a little crisp. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss together asparagus, onion, shrimp. chopped hard-cooked eggs, and coarsley chopped artichoke hearts.
- In a small seperate bowl, stir together mayo, lemon juice, french dressing, tarragon, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss well to coat evenly.
- Place greens on a serving platter/bowl, place salad on top, and garnish with slices of hard-cooked egg.