Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Awesome shrimp dish! Serve in bowls with French bread to dip in sauce. Cook time is per batch.
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 -3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 shallot, bulb chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Chop parsley and combine with garlic, shallot and butter (not melted).
- Blend well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Clean and butterfly shrimp.
- Over medium heat, add small amount of oil to skillet.
- When hot, dip shrimp into egg, then fry for about 2 minutes.
- Do not overcrowd and be careful not to overcook; do in batches.
- Place shrimp in oven-proof casserole dish.
- Melt butter mixture and pour over shrimp.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until very hot.