1/2 Photos of French Salad- Salade Composee
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Julia Child says, "A handsomely arranged combination salad can be the solution for what to serve at an informal spur-of-the-moment meal. The trick is to toss all of the elements separately in vinaigrette, letting some marinate for 10-20 minutes if they need to take on flavor. Then ... arrange your work of art, each part of it is perfectly seasoned."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup raw zucchini, sliced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 1/2 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 12 pitted black olives
- anchovy, to taste
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid albacore tuna, packed in water, drained
- coarsely chopped parsley
- balsamic vinaigrette, Bottled
- 1Marinate kidney beans, zucchini, and mushrooms in vinaigrette for 20- 30 minutes.
- 2At serving time, toss mixed salad greens in a bowl with vinaigrette and arrange around edges of a large serving dish.
- 3Mound beans in center, and decorate base with groups of marinated mushrooms and zucchini interspersed with hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, olives, anchovies, and chunks of tuna.
- 4Pour a bit more vinaigrette over all, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve.
- 5Cooking time is marinade time.
- 6Delicious with grilled olive-oiled French bread and a chilled rosé wine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Salad- Salade Composee
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.3
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 247.6 mg
- Sodium 816.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens