Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Loosely based on a recipe from the New Hampshire Maple Producers Association of Londonderry, NH this delicious dressing is both sweet and tart. It is excellent on either a vegetable salad or a fruit salad.I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Put all of the liquid ingredients in a blender, then put the dry ingredients into the blender.
- Blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a bottle and chill.
- Makes 2 3/4 cups of delicious dressing!
- This is a loose adaptation of a recipe from the New Hampshire Maple Producers Association.
I didn't measure anything, just kind of eyeballed it, and shook everything together in a plastic container. It came out great! It definately needs to be refrigerated for about 20 minutes before use to chill it and let the flavors blend. I will definately be making this again!
This is by far the best French Dressing my family has ever tasted, whether homemade or jarred. It is only slightly sweet, not cloying and very tangy and flavorful. I would not change a thing. This one is DEFINITELY a keeper!
I did half of this recipe and it made just enough for to fill a "commercial size" salad dressing bottle. A little different French Dressing but well worth trying. Very enjoyable.