Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and sliced thick
- 1 sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round loaf Italian bread (8" diameter)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup spinach leaves, tightly packed
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with no-stick spray.
- Arrange the eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, and onions on the sheet. Brush with the oil.
- Sprinkle with the garlic and rosemary.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Split the bread horizontally and scoop out the interior, leaving a 1" shell.
- (Reserve the bread for another use.) Spread the yogurt over the bottom of the shell, then sprinkle with the vinegar.
- Arrange the vegetables in the bottom of the shell.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Top with the spinach.
- Place the top of the bread over the filling.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until chilled.
- Cut to 8 wedges.
- To freeze, pack the cooled roasted vegetables tightly into freezer-quality plastic containers, To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
I have to apologize for the delay in reviewing. I made this some time back and when I went to look for it in my reviews it wasn't there. Glad I found it again because this sandwich is marvelous. Great for the vegetarians and meat eaters alike. The flavors are fantastic. Thanks for posting.
These were fantastic! And, the leftovers tasted even better the next day. Thanks!
This is a great sandwich recipe! I love roasted vegetables so I just had to try it. I halved the recipe (made all of the veggies, used half in another dish) and it turned out wonderfully. Thanks Dancer^!