Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I just love roasted cauliflower! It changes it from a ho-hum vegetable into a awesomely delicious one! Adapted this recipe from Rebecca Franklin from Your Guide to French Food. My sister says it tastes even better with a little lemon juice squeezed over when done.
- 2 lbs cauliflower florets, chopped into small bits (or keep them larger if you prefer)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Mix cauliflower, onions, and garlic together in a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the oil, season them with the pepper and thyme, and toss gently to coat.
- Roast the vegetables uncovered for 20-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they turn golden brown. If you like, squeeze a little lemon juice over when serving. The smaller you chop the cauliflower, the less time it takes to bake. I love the crunchy brown bits, that's why I chop it all up so small! Enjoy!
Delicious, we had never tried cauliflower prepared this way before. It is awesome. Love the flavor and the texture of the vegetables, they were perfectly cooked. So good. The garlic, sweet onion and thyme work really well with the cauliflower. Thank you for sharing another wonderful recipe. Made for What's on the Menu Tag Game 2015.
This is so yummy. I used dried thyme and omitted the salt. It's so easy to do. Great flavors. Thanks Sharon :) Made for I recommend tag game
Yum! I love cauliflower in any form - from raw to cooked. This one was a no-brainer with the garlic and seasonings. Simple, and really tasty. Thanks Sharon for sharing this keeper. Made for Healthy Choices Tag.