Recipe by mollypaul
Rissoles may be shaped like half-moons, oblongs or ovals. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 cups chicken or 2 cups veal, cooked and minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pie crust (or 1/2 batch puff pastry, either storebought or your own recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except pastry and blend well.
- Roll our small sections of pastry into thin sgtrips a bout 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Place the seasoned meat on half of each strip and fold in center, covering the filling.
- Press edges down firmly and cut into desired shape with a cookie cutter.
- Drop into hot deep fat (about 370F) until brown or place on cookie sheet and bake at 400F for 15 minutes.