Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (June Hebler). Excellent side dish!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place rice in a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix French onion soup and consomme; pour over rice.
- Cut butter in pats and place in dish.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Check it at 40 minutes.
- I added cheese on the top when I made this dish. Yummy!
Great recipe! I used I large(18.5oz?) can of french onion soup with chicken broth instead of consomme and 1/4 cup butter. It was so easy! I love that you do it in the oven.
Liked this a lot. Used brown rice and added a bit more liquid, but it was still great. Thanks!