Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This came out of a brand names cookbook. It is really delicious! The raisins add just a hint of sweetness that offsets the tang of the dressing. Prep time does not include refrigeration time. I always use chicken breast when making this salad, but the directions are not specific, so you could use dark meat if you prefer.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, Tabasco, and garlic. Add the rice, chicken, carrot, raisins, and green onions. Mix well.
- Cover; refrigerate 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Just before serving, mix in the pecans.