Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from the back of a McKenzie's lentil packet which I bought just for the recipe. It's very simple to make, filling, healthy and cheap. I reckon you could sub the puy lentils for whole brown ones. It has coriander in it but I didn't use it when I made it because I didn't have any. Feta is nice of this but if you are making it vegan leave it out but you might want to add more salt. Also add in a bay leaf when boiling the lentils
- 236.59 ml of puy lentils (boiled in salted water till tender and drained, 25mins approx)
- 4 whole baby beets (cooked till tender, peeled, cut into medium wedges)
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 118.29 ml parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml grainy mustard
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 78.07 ml of crumbled feta (optional)
- combine the beets, lentils, onion and herbs in a medium bowl.
- Mix the garlic, olive oil, mustard and lemon juice and mix with the lentil mix.
- Serve with crumbled feta on top if desired.
Great recipe! Very tasty lentil salad. I made as directed, including the optional bay leaf with the lentils and the optional feta cheese. Honestly I think the feta really balances it out, and wouldn't recommend that it be left out of the recipe. My only quibble is that you didn't include the cooking steps for the lentils and beets. I know how to do that, but a new chef might need a little more detail from a recipe. Thanks for sharing!!
This was surprisingly good. Next time will saute the onions. Love how easy and healthy it is! Thanks canthelpmyself....
This was an unusual taste for us, but we liked it well enough to try it again with some tweeks. We will sautee the onions next time and maybe add more beets. I used canned, sliced beets.