Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delightful, gooey dessert---makes my mouth water just typing it for you. From a family friend.
Make and share this French Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Line a 9x13-inch glass dish with vanilla wafers.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan; add powdered sugar.
- Beat eggs into margarine mixture gradually; pour over wafers.
- Spread pineapple over sauce.
- Whip cream and sweeten with granulated sugar to taste; spread over pineapple layer.
- Sprinkle with pecans; chill for several hours.
Oh my gosh! This is just heavenly!!! I have small children and I didnâ€™t want there to be a problem with salmonella so I used Egg Beaters instead of the raw eggs. Egg Beaters come pasteurized and I knew it would be safe to use. The kids LOVED it!! Now they keep asking when Iâ€™m going to make more!! This is a keeper!! Thanks for sharing!!
A friend gave me this recipe many years ago. I loved it then and still do. I couldn't find my recipe, remembered most of the ingredients but just did find it. This recipe is basically the same as mine. Will be making this again soon! Will use Egg Beaters now.