Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different ratatouille mix that is very flavourful. I sometimes find rataouille can be very ordinary but this one is not! Serve with lamb and it is delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 medium eggplants, salted rinsed and cut into 1 . 5cm dice
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into 1 . 5cm dice
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1 . 5cm dice
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and cut into 1 . 5cm dice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 -2 tablespoon French mustard
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in frying pan.
- Saute onion for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add eggplant and capsicum and cook 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, vinegar and stock.
- Season, reduce heat to slow simmer and cover.
- Cook 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving stir through mustard (as much as you like) and chopped parsley and additional seasoning if desired.