1/2 Photos of French Potatoes
This is a no-fuss microwave potato dish that really makes a hit. I serve it for special occasions, as well as any old time. It's from the book MICROWAVE COOKING by Beverley Piper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the potato slices to soak in cold water.
- 2Put the onion rings into a bowl.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap, and pierce.
- 4Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- 5Grease a five cup casserole dish with a little of the butter.
- 6Layer the drained potatoes and onions in the dish, starting and finishing with the potatoes.
- 7Season each layer with salt and pepper.
- 8Pour the milk over the potatoes and dot with the rest of the butter.
- 9Sprinkle the top with paprika.
- 10Cover with plastic wrap, and pierce.
- 11Microwave on HIGH for 13 minutes.
- 12Rotate half-way through cooking time.
- 13Allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 40.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g