Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A French potato salad with anchovies adapted from a book on Mediterranean cuisine. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- 1 kg potato, for potato salad
- 60 ml white wine (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 60 ml native olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 50 g anchovies packed in oil, drained (reserve the oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Cook potatoes in lightly salted water until done (ca 20 minutes). Cool slightly, but peel while still warm. Slice into 1 cm / 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix wine, apple vinegar, olive oil and chopped green onions and heat in large skillet or wok at medium-low temperature. Add sliced potatoes and shake skillet, so that the liquid covers the potatoes or mix potatoes carefully to cover them. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the temperature up and cook until potatoes have absorbed most of the dressing.
- Slice the anchovies and mix with the chopped parsley and chives in a small boil. Add the reserved oil from the anchovies and stir. Mix carefully with the potatoes and remove them from the heat.
- Put on individual plates or in a bowl. Serve while still warm or at room temperature.
I am nuts for this potato salad. It's been my favorite recipe of the summer. I think it might be even better the next day.
Loved it!!!! This recipe is going to used alot in this household
What a winner this one was. Simple, delicious and made with things from the pantry or our garden. We loved it and I'm sure it'll get made again. I made half a recipe which the two of us devoured in no time. I wasn't sure what "native" oil was, but went with olive oil.