1/1 Photo of French Potato Salad With Anchovies
A French potato salad with anchovies adapted from a book on Mediterranean cuisine. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg potato, for potato salad
- 60 ml white wine (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 60 ml native olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 50 g anchovies packed in oil, drained (reserve the oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1Cook potatoes in lightly salted water until done (ca 20 minutes). Cool slightly, but peel while still warm. Slice into 1 cm / 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2Mix wine, apple vinegar, olive oil and chopped green onions and heat in large skillet or wok at medium-low temperature. Add sliced potatoes and shake skillet, so that the liquid covers the potatoes or mix potatoes carefully to cover them. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the temperature up and cook until potatoes have absorbed most of the dressing.
- 3Slice the anchovies and mix with the chopped parsley and chives in a small boil. Add the reserved oil from the anchovies and stir. Mix carefully with the potatoes and remove them from the heat.
- 4Put on individual plates or in a bowl. Serve while still warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Potato Salad With Anchovies
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 768.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g