Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I always make this potato salad with my ribs in plum sauce recipe. Great side dish for ribs, picnics.
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- In large pot, cover potatoes with water and boil until tender (about 30 minutes).
- Drain, peel and slice while potatoes are still warm.
- Dissolve instant chicken bouillon in water and pour over potatoes.
- Mix together olive oil, white wine vinegar, dry mustard, salt and pepper and pour over potatoes.
- Mix together, add onions and let stand at room temperature to develop flavors.
We really enjoyed this potato salad. It was delicious. I didn't bother to peel the potatoes as we enjoy the skin. I also used vegetable boullion instead of the chicken boullion. I also didn't have any white wine vinegar, but had white balsamic, so I used that instead. It turned out very nice. Thanks for a delicious potato salad recipe!
I have never been a fan of mayonnaise based potato salad so when I came across this one I thought I would try it out. It is a fabulous recipe, but we thought that it was a bit too salty. I will make this with half the salt next time. This is now my go to potato salad recipe. Thanks so much Leah Marie for posting.
This is a really great basic French potato salad recipe. My husband is French and makes it all of the time. He never measures, so I needed to come here and find a precise recipe. I would probably add a bit of fresh basil and parsley as well.