Great change from the old standby, and it doesn't encourage salmonella quite as quickly at a picnic! My husband begs for this as soon as the fresh ingredients are available! The tangy dressing is so good!
- 1⁄2 oil (I use olive)
- 1⁄4 tarragon vinegar or 1⁄4 salad vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon (dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 lb fresh green beans (can use frozen)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, crumbled
- Slice potatoes with skins on, app.
- 1/4 inch thick, cover with water and cook til fork tender.
- Cook green beans till crispy done.
- Fry up bacon, crumble and drain.
- Mix all other ingredients in small bowl and whisk to combine nicely.
- Gently stir spuds, beans and bacon together.
- Pour dressing over all and mix gently.
- Serve room temp, or piping hot if you wish.