1/2 Photos of French Potato Salad
This recipe is adapted from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook. It is WONDERFUL! The fresh herbs are essential--don't even try to make it with dried. It is also important to use a good flavored olive oil. Whenever we make this, it gets rave reviews. My husband could eat it daily for a week. Easy to double or triple for a crowd! Something different from your typical mayo based potato salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small white potatoes
- 1 lb small red potato
- 2 tablespoons good dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced green onion (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- 1Cut potatoes in half, quarters if they are larger.
- 2Steam until cooked--can pierce easily with fork (can boil if you prefer).
- 3Drain in colander and place a towel over the potatoes to allow them to steam for 10 more minutes.
- 4Place in medium bowl and toss gently with the wine and chicken stock.
- 5Allow the liquids to soak into the warm potatoes before proceeding.
- 6Combine the mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- 7Add the vinegarette to the potatoes.
- 8Add the green onions, dill, parsley, and basil.
- 9Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.4
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 1778.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar