Recipe by greyghost
This is from Atlanta Cooknotes - sooo wonderful - perfect for picnics and cookouts!
Top Review by Debi
This was a really nice recipe. Totally different from my usual experiences with potato salads and I liked it! Not heavy - perfect flavourings - the perfecthot summer night's side dish. I couldnt find Chervil up here so added more tarragon. Hope that's close enough. I might just add a wee bit of garlic next time just to see what it's like.
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons canned consomme (beef broth)
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chervil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In covered pot, cook potatoes in enough salted boiling water to cover - about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place in salad bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another small bowl and mix well.
- Pour over warm potato slices.
- Toss gently.
- Cool and chill.
- Before serving, toss gently again.